I’m sitting on the porch, wind blowing through my hair. The ducks are frolicking in the pond, but I just can’t seem to care. Life goes on around me, I don’t participate, I go through all the motions, but what I really do is wait. I dream about the day that you’ll come home to me. Nothing else is important. Why can’t people see? I don’t want to go out, I don’t want to have fun, I don’t want to do a thing, until all is said & done. They took you in the summer, now fall is almost finished, winter will be here very soon, and then the year will have diminished. You have no idea how much I cry, I never let you know, it’s so hard out here without you, but I’m not allowed to let it show. I must pretend all is fine, everyone thinks all’s okay. But what I never ever tell them, is that I cry for you every day.